Saturday, July 14, 2012

July 9, 2012

So the MTC has been extremely crazy for me. Wishing to go on a foregien mission changes once you come here and realize what you are in for (Especially with my language)! My teacher for Cantonese is not allowed to speak ANY ENGLISH at all when teaching us... So its pretty intense and hard but its coming. I can say a prayer about 9 lines long, share a short testimony, introductions, where are you from, invite investgators and some other small stuff. It's WAY WAY WAY harder and exhuasting than anything I've ever done before.

Ngoh hiah  -  My name is
Laih hair mingbin le gei -- where are you from?
Ngoh kuhkauh lieh jukfuk ngoh ge giating -- Please bless my family (for prayer)

That's some basic stuff I've learned in the last 5 days

I have two companions. Elder Morton (Mohk is his cantonese name) and Elder Kimboll (Gam is his cantonese name). I like Kimboll a lot but he is really quite but when he does talk he is pretty funny and really smart! 

No comments:

Post a Comment