Monday, March 18, 2013

March 11, 2013 First Move!

Well the rash is gone but I don't know what it was so if it comes back that will be a problem. I did find my ring when I was packing last Thursday... The bed bug are gone becasue I moved hahah. Poor missionary who gets my bed. Yeah mom was  right I moved... WHY ARE MUMS ALWAYS RIGHT!!!


It was really sad leaving CWB, my investigators and member were pretty sad (which made me kind of happy to know they cared that much becasue I don't think I ever cared that much about a missionary). Melody wrote me a note and she was really vconcerned I was going to forget her, she wrote it in English becasue she was afraid I wouldn't understand it in Chinese. It was really sad but heart warming to know I helped someone that much! Her, Kiko and Felix are amazing I hope I can find/help more people like them in Aberdeen!


 I moved to an area called Aberdeen it is still on Hong Kong Island so I didn't really move far (about a 20 minute bus ride away from CWB). MY new companion is Elder Tse and he is a native so...he speaks decent English but we basically communicate through Chinese... So my Chinese is probably going to get really good this move. About the area: well the ward is AMAZING. I think I just got really blessed with the two best wards in Hong Kong because they are both pro mission work and LOVE missionaries. It's awesome! MY only complaint is the finding here is really hard... In CWB we had a couple parks that were quite so you could sit people down and talk to them. Not in Aberdeen its all busy everywhere with no big parks like CWB. So I need to change my finding up its pretty different and I haven't been doing to well recently.


Sunday me, Elder Tse, and the new sister companionship (they just opened a sister companionship this move here and she is training so its a year old missionary and a baby...) were all asked to speak on how members could help missionaries with the work. I was honestly a little scared of this because I found out Friday evening so I had one day to prepare with no time to prepare because we were doing stuff all day... So I talked about President Hinkley's talk "Find the Sheep, Feed the Lambs," I attempted to translate one part and talk about it. It went some thing like this, "In 1998 we had 300,000 baptisms, that its tremendous! But we could do better, I'm not being unrealistic when I say we could have double that if we all put forth more effort. Us and the missionaries." I translated more but that's basically the point that matters. I talked for about 7 minutes or so only in Chinese .. I was scared and wasn't sure if I made sense but people stared at me and watched with attention and laughed at my jokes I made about being a "scared white boy" trying to find people in Hong Kong... Surprisingly the talk went pretty well. Members came up to me and said a lot of stuff I honestly didn't understand but they were compliments of some sort... The best one was Brother Chan he said something along the lines of when I speak in Cantonese it was very "smoothly" and that I was pretty clever.He then went on to tell me Elder Tse will probably leave soon so we need you to carry on a great legacy (yeah I knew that word in Chinese haha) in this area! It's going to be an interesting move especially when next moves calls come around....

Right now we have 5 investigators and 2 of them are progressing and then we go finding for 3 to 5 hours a day...ya that's rough coming from CWB where I did finding for 2 hours a day.

 This is a funny picture of me and Elder Woods last week on top of a mountain up in Tung Chung

GOOD BYE to Causeway Bay...for now.
 Me and Kiko
 Me and Melody
Elikaii and Enoch - Two of the best members in all of Hong Kong! 
 Johnny, Felix, me and Joyce! They bought me a soccer ball for going away gift because someone told them that another missionary got my soccer ball popped....
Hello to Aberdeen!!!             This is my new companion Elder Tse

艾長老 -- Elder Arrington

No comments:

Post a Comment