Sunday, January 5, 2014

December 29, 2013

Ha phone calls are weird. That's funny you say I got a southern drawl, I feel like I slur a lot more than before. (That may be impart that Texas English is like that and so is Cantonese). However most Chinese people say they like my English the most of missionaries because its the clearest... Which I thought was pretty funny but I have gotten that in all four areas I've served in sooo yeah my English is still intact kind of...

I still got a ton of time left. A lot can be done in six months. I am not to worried but I do know it will come fast sooo here's hopin' for an outstanding last stand!

Yeah about fixing the companionship... Still having issues there. We got a report on Sunday after Elder Lie went over there (Friday to Saturday) and it wasn't good. We ended up talking to President Hawks this morning and he asked us if we think he should split them up... Like he wanted us to choose! We prayed and went to talk to them about it one more time. It still didn't go anywhere and we are left at a weird point of not knowing what to do. Ehhh it's all just really weird. We talked to President Hawks again and said he would call them in today. Its really frustrating and... President Hawks just called us... We fixed somethings and got some more things to work on... Leave it at that I guess haha

Investigators are doing good. We have a list now:
Sis Lee and kids - Found her two weeks ago she came to the Christmas party and brought sis Cheung and they both LOVED it. They want to come back.
Sis Cheung and son (referral from sister Lee) - She loved the party and even asked us to give her son an English name. We chose Benjamin (like the King). 
Tong family and their cousin Cherry (Cherry is a referral)
Mrs. Chow - In mainland for the holidays but should be back this week
A Wing - Found out he can come to church all of JAN! YAYA BLESSINGS 
Jason - Doing okay not the greatest progress still working with him
Eric - No Contact
Herman - No Contact -> think his family has blocked us?
Patrick - Not really sure hard to contact him recently
A Yan - found him two weeks ago - Doesn't really believe in God so we are working on building his faith but he kind of likes us! (I think he kind of likes because he just wants to practice English but I think he also has a small desire to find the truth its interesting.)

Yeah good investigator pool!! haha

As far as adventures go... I had food poisoning last Saturday. On Friday a member named Steven Lau took us out to a steak shop. Me and Elder Liu got this fish plate (had lobster, salmon, and something else) and the Sister missionaries got the steaks. The steaks ended up being HUGE so they gave us half. Me and Sister Wilcox shared one... Turned out it had food poisoning in it. All Saturday morning from 6 to 9:30 I was real sick. We went to this family's house to teach a message and afterward a member that came with us was like "You look terrible" and I was like "I feel terrible." After that we were going to our chapel in Kowloon Tong (about 20 minutes on the subway). I called Elder Brown (another missionary) to give me a blessing. So I get there but he is busy in an interview and I feel and pretty much and looked like death. So while he was finishing up the meeting I went to the bathroom... They came and got me and I walked out to the other room in the church to get a blessing. I looked at both of them (Elder Brown and Elder Bradley) and said "One second I need to throw up". Then I went down stairs and Elder Woodburn (actually I met him at BYU and happen to come to this mission too!) gave me a blessing. I felt A LOT better after both the blessing and the barf... Mostly the blessing haha. It was a LONG day but was full of small blessings and lessons learned. Oh to make it even funnier I was on 24's with Elder Dazza... So he got to watch me do this. In the end its alright we found a family and taught an AWESOME lesson with Tong family. I am happy that day is over though.... so painful.


 Yeahhhh that's right I am SANTA CLAUS! So turns out I am the only white guy in Cheung Sha Wan... so I guess I get to be Santa! Pretty awesome. At the Christmas party me and the other missionaries did a skit. They sang and did some stuff while I played guitar... Its pretty hard to play guitar when you have a fat stomach! Anyways it was an awesome Christmas. (Sister Tidwell, Sister Wilcox, me, Elder Liu and A Yung [Cheung Sha Wan mission leader and return missionary from Sydney])
 These are two families were are currently meeting with! Sis Cheung on the left and Sis Lee on the right! Sister Lee brought her friend to the party and the loved it. They wanna bring their kids to church next week! SOOO AWESOME yaya!
This cute little fella is named Ling Ling. He kept attacking me with this box because I was Santa... He also said I looked pregnant haha. I love this little kid!
On Friday a member (Steven) took us to lunch to this SUPER nice steak place... However sister Wilcox (the sister in the blue shirt) and I got food poisoning. Mine was pretty terrible...
Also this weekend we went to Sister Yim's home again and had an AWESOME Christmas feast! Had so pork ribs and lamb chops baby!!! YAYA :D


In a weird turn of events these are the last three photos on my camera.. Me being a thug? Elder Liu getting attack by Jung Lam and Sam Sam! Then Sam Sam giving me my Book of Mormon back -- She has to be the cutest thing on the entire earth by the way!



No comments:

Post a Comment