Sunday, May 26, 2013

May 8, 2013

We are getting 27 new elders in June sooo that means almost one person from every companionship will have to train (except AP's, ZL's or Office). Soooo you might be right but oh how I sin in my wish for another bundeih (local)... (Quoting Nephi there). My Chinese has improved a lot but I still don't understand everything. I can teach lessons and explain things pretty well but regular stuff is just hard because there is SOOOOOOOO much... Whatever if I train a white kid God will help me out some how.

For your question about WOW its really not THAT big of a deal (this is in regards to an investigator quitting smoking)... Its more of culture... Once they decided to quit its normally fine but coffee and tea are a big culture thing. There is the place called "yamcha" literally means drink tea and its a traditional breakfast (I will take you when you come) and you drink tea with everything you eat. Its just stuff like that we have to go against. Smoking and drugs are kind just like America some people do it and others don't nothing to crazy I don't think. Nothing to new on the finding but we did go "paakmuhn" (door knocking) we had some success but its super sketchy... Its in the "ghetto" park like the people are really nice and some are SUPER smart but just not a lot of money or they don't want to live in government housing. So we are trying some new things nothing to special at the moment. We have around 11 investigators so things are starting to improve but still having a huge problem with church attendance. People will come to church to meet us, they will pray and other things but they won't come to church. They always make the lamest excuses too... Its okay because as soon as we get over that little speed bump things should go faster. The DSE (the big test you mentioned) ends this Friday (or next Wednesday  sooo its coming to an end FINALLY! OH my goodness so happy...

I will share a little story. Last Tuesday we did some "paakmuhn" in the little area we can and would talk to people but most would just slam the door. (Yay I get to experience all sorts of rejection in Hong Kong!!) We get to this one house and a little voice answers through the window. We start talking and she seemed really nice, she said she was 10 and we asked if her mum was home and said she was at work. So I invited her to English class and turns out she spoke SUPER awesome English and she was really excited about it but we couldn't get a number or anything because her mom wasn't home. So now go to last Saturday. We go back to "paakmuhn" and I really just wanted to go to her house no one else's. So we get there and knock on the door the mom answers and she is pretty nice but we could tell not really interested. Then her daughter runs over and pokes her head from under neither her mom's arm and says "他們是我的朋友!!"  (THEY ARE MY FRIENDS) I don't think I have ever seen anyone as happy as her to see me in my entire life! I kid you not she had the biggest smile I've EVER seen! The mom then said if she wants to meet with us and go to church she can because I won't stop her from making her own choices. (THAT IS SOOOOOO UN-HONG KONG LIKE!) So I am just praying this little girl comes to English class tonight; if not we are visiting her again this Saturday (well we will try too). Seriously one of the best moments in my finding ever. 

艾長老 -- Elder Arrington

No comments:

Post a Comment